XS Training is Supporting The Armed Forces to Enhance Their Training, Skills & Qualifications
Armed Forces operatives have a unique skill set ideally suited for engineering. Integrity, discipline, attention to detail, communication, & leadership are all attributes we know the Armed Forces hold in abundance, and they’re absolutely in high demand.
With immersive and personalised training, a cutting-edge curriculum through City & Guilds, and the funding from ELCAS, XS Training supply training for those that wish to further their education and skills.
XS Training is proud to accept ELCAS Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme from former and serving members of the armed forces.
The MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) promotes lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces.
The scheme provides financial support in each of a maximum of three separate financial years for higher-level learning of a nationally recognised qualification at Level three or above.
Claiming access to ELCAS as ex-military
There are a few steps to follow if you are ex-military to unlock funding.
- Find the course you are interested in and call the provider. It’s always good to get more information on any course and you can verify their ELCAS status. Take the time to ask the questions you want answered, find out all the details you can and make an informed choice.
- You’ll need to show your last day of service if you want to access ELCAS funding for your chosen course.
- You can do this with a copy of your P45 or a document from your regiment with leaving date confirmation.
- You will be asked for proof of address, so make sure you have a utility bill or two to hand.
- Once you’ve settled on your course and provided all the relevant documents, you can speak to ELCAS.
- Send ELCAS the details of your training course or qualification, Company name, qualification name and details, level of qualification and duration of the course.
After completing the above steps, you should receive your funding and will be able to join the course of your choice and begin learning.
As with former serving personnel, you must do your research on the course and the provider first. Once you have done your research, follow the steps highlighted earlier; contact your IERO, login to ELCAS and you’ll be ready to apply for ELC funding.
As you are still serving in the armed forces, you are entitled to two tiers of funding.
Tier one – Grants you up to £1000. You can access this if you have served for less than eight years.
Tier two – Covers up to £2000 per claim instalment. This is unlocked if you have served for eight years or more.
Current courses XS Training offer as part of the ELCAS funded scheme are;
The C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing qualification is also going to be available from July 2021.
Lee Southworth signed up with XS Training in November 2020 and completed his 2346 practical elements with his assessor Craig Wiltshire in March 2021.
The 2391-50 and the 18th Edition are both complete, leaving just the AM2E to complete the full Experienced Worker Qualification.
“The process was enjoyable and smooth with little disruption to my daily working routine. My assessor was excellent, accessible when I needed him and always available for assistance.”
How do I get started with online electrical training?
There’s never been a better time to invest in developing your electrical skills. Today, online electrical training is the fastest, most convenient and cost-effective way, to gain in-demand electrical skills. XS Training Ltd is established as a leading UK online electrical training provider.
Why wait? It’s the ideal time to get started training for your NVQ today! Call us on 01535 657059, or click here to get your questions answered.